Friday, October 15, 2010

Witching books

Jane from Mamie Jane's is a brilliant, creative, and fabulous crafter, and she has given me permission to re-post her fantastic halloween book idea's...
I would love to have these myself, and may just attempt to make them over the weekend. Thanks' so much Jane!


I'm still working on some projects for the craft show this weekend.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute!  Here's one of my latest projects.

Sitting in my studio was this stack of old books without their covers.
  I also had some old cabinet cards that I've been wanting to alter.
So I decided to combine the two and came up with these.
The books gave me more room to add embellishments and since they stand upright they make a fun addition to a tabletop display (OK.....this isn't the best tabletop display but my kitchen table had the best light)
I also re-purposed these two wood canisters that I bought at a garage sale for 75 cents.
Before:
After:

No comments: